Health Insurance Companies
Public health insurance is provided through health insurance companies in the Czech Republic, identification of which is done by name and by a numerical identification code.
The largest health insurance company is:
- Všeobecná zdravotní pojišťovna ČR (VZP ČR)
Other health insurance companies, which are referred to as “employee insurance companies”, are the following:
- Vojenská zdravotní pojišťovna České republiky (VoZP ČR)
- Česká průmyslová zdravotní pojišťovna (ČPZP)
- Oborová zdravotní pojišťovna zaměstnanců bank, pojišťoven a stavebnictví (OZP)
- Zaměstnanecká pojišťovna Škoda (ZPŠ)
- Zdravotní pojišťovna ministerstva vnitra ČR (ZPMV ČR)
- Revírní bratrská pokladna, zdravotní pojišťovna (RBP)
Contact information for each health insurance company can be found in the chapter ”Contact Information for Important Institutions”.
If a foreigner is eligible for participation in the public health insurance program, he/she first chooses one of the above-listed health insurance companies and registers to be insured with it. The health insurance company is required to accept each person who is eligible for participation in the public health insurance program – i.e. a person who has permanent residence in the Czech Republic or a person who is an employee of an employer who has a registered address or permanent residence in the Czech Republic.